The Business Faculty at Griffith College Limerick delivers Business and Finance courses at certificate and degree and Master's level, both part-time and full-time. Our Business Faculty has a reputation for delivering excellence. Our department focuses on developing the business leaders of the future.
Flexibility is our byword whether you are a mature student who wishes to study on a part- time business course, a fulltime student studying for a certificate / degree in business or a student interested in studying management / marketing / finance / accounting - we have a programme for you.
Framework Level Cao Code Course Full Time Part Time 8 GC301 BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance 3 years 3 years 9 MBA full time, part time & blended learning 1.5 years 2 years Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration 1 year n/a 6 GC320 Certificate in Office Administration 1 year n/a 8 GC300 BA (Hons) in Business Studies 3 years 3 years 7 BA (Ord) in Business 3 years n/a 7 BA (Ord) in Marketing 3 years 6 GC316 Higher Certificate in Business 2 years n/a 6 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management 2 years n/a 6 Professional Diploma in Management and Leadership 1 year 1 year ICM Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations n/a 1 year ATI Accounting Technician n/a 2 years ACCA ACCA Diploma in Acconting & Business n/a 1 year IPICS Certificate in Production & Inventory Management (IPICS) n/a 10 weeks( per module) 6 Train the Trainer n/a 8 weeks
In 2009/2010 all Business Faculty programmes were successfully reviewed under HETAC regulations. This allowed for the introduction of modules which focus on enterprise, innovation and business in the wider business environment.
The aims of our business programmes are as follows:-
• To provide students with a sound knowledge of essential business principles and functions which reflect the breadth and depth of business operations.
• To give students an appreciation of how the component disciplines of marketing, accounting, human resource management and information technology interrelate to provide a rich perspective of business
• To assist students to acquire relevant transferable and practical business skills that can be applied to real-life contexts
• Build a thorough knowledge and understanding of dynamic business environments.
• To give students the practical experience of developing assignments and projects to a professional standard on both an individual and Group basis
• To encourage students to think critically and independently about leading information sources on business and emerging business challenges.
• To provide an appreciation of the greater environment in which all business operates (e.g. economics, law, politics)
• To develop students competences in a range of personal qualities such as emotional intelligence, initiative, learning to learn, self-awareness and confidence
• To provide an educational environment conducive to the intellectual and personal development of the students.
• To prepare graduates for successful employment in business and for progression onto further study.